Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 7 cups low-sodium chicken broth, Kosher salt and pepper
- Crackers (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the carrots, broth, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/3 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Divide the soup into bowls and serve with crackers.
Onion (warm and pungent) – strengthens the digestive system and the lungs. Also helps, with turnips or daikon, to release fat from the body.
Carrots (neutral, sweet) – strengthens the digestive system and the lungs.